Saturday 18 September 2010

Disapointment for WCoP

Well guys, it was a very disappointing result for Karl and myself in the recent world cup of pool in Manila. We beat Qatar 8-7 in a match that was full of mistakes, and then it got worse as we went don't to France 8-6 in an error stricken match. The biggest disappointment was because we had been playing so well in practice. But, we are not the first top team to suffer and we won't be the last. Scotch doubles is a funny old game and it can be easy to fall into the trap of over analyzing on shots and I think that's what happened.
On a better note though, I stayed on in Manila for a week and played some golf. Awesome courses and really enjoyed it....got the hunger back for the game so might try to play a bit more than I have been over the last few months.
Onto china now for the china open, I will update you all on my progress after the event.