Saturday 25 June 2011

Kung fu'd by the Fu fighters!!

Shanghai, China for the China open was the scene. Coming into the event playing well off the back of my good performance in Manila.
I drew talented Venezuelan player Yousef Jalal in my first match but he didn't show, so I got a 9-0 walk over.
Next up was Taiwanese Fu Chei Wei. I played the whole match only making 1 mistake at 4-5 down, this quickly turned into 4-8 down but once again I dug in and showed real heart to pull the scoreline back to 8-8.....only to see him break and run the last rack!
But I still had another chance to get through to the straight ko stage but Fu Jian Bo of China stood in my way.
The match was close up to 4-4 then once again a single mistake from me saw me go 4-8 behind. Once again I dug in, and once again it wasn't to be....eventually losing 9-6.

Sometimes it's really tough losing when you play really well, especially when you see players around you playing poorly and still getting the win. But that's pool for you, onwards and upwards to my next event....the world 9ball championships in Doha, Qatar.