Monday 28 February 2011

Eurotour France

Hi guys, I played well in this event, qualifying through a tough group on the winners side by beating a stubborn Markus Juva (Finland) in my last match. In the straight KO last 32 I drew Niels feijen on the main match table, not the easiest of draws especially when there were lots of "new players" in the draw. Well what a match....I hardly had a shot in the first 7 racks and found myself 0-7 down, not ideal in a race to 9 with alternate breaks!! But I kept my head on and kept battling and before I knew it I had got the score back to 7-8.....then just when I felt like I was now the favourite win the match Niels broke and ran the final rack to beat me 9-7. The main thing for me is that I can take a lot from this tournament. I was pleased with my general play and at the end of the day it's my first event of the year.....roll on world 8ball.....